38" Universal Panel
It's hard to believe that anything as tough and efficient as Universal Panel can look so good - but it does, because it translates the traditional board-and-batten look into colorful, durable galvanized siding and roofing. High 3/4-inch ribs capture a clean, architecturally pleasing, continuous pattern of light and shadow.
As colorful as it is durable, Universal Panel is available in galvanized and 15 rich, popular colors, carefully selected for their appeal, and vivid enough to stand out without being obtrusive or incompatible with your other buildings.
All interior surfaces are off-white to brighten interiors and to protect against condensation damage. The color-coating on Universal Panel is not only good-looking, it's built tough to stay that way. The colors are more than just a surface layer of paint. The color-coating is actually a thermo-setting, or oven-cured system of four coatings.
The color coating process includes:
- A G60 hot-dip galvanized (zinc) coating protects the cold-rolled steel base metal against corrosion and assures years of low-maintenance performance.
- A zinc phosphate coating prepares the galvanized surface for the tight adhesion of primer.
- A primer paint coating insures adhesion of the finish coating and protects against corrosion.
- A siliconized polyester finish paint coating (polyester finish paint coating on Bone White) provides a rich, durable surface color and additional protection.
- ENERGY STAR qualified roof products reflect more of the sun's rays. This can lower roof surface temperatures, decreasing the amount of heat transferred into a building.
- ENERGY STAR qualified roof products can help reduce the amount of air conditioning needed in buildings, and can reduce peak cooling demand by 10-15 percent.
Universal Panel meets building codes
A Universal Panel structure has no trouble meeting building codes. In areas with excessive wind forces or extraordinary snow loads, framing can be adjusted easily according to distances recommended in Universal Panel load tables.
|38" Universal Panel
|1 3/4 in
|Main Rib Height
|Main Rib Spacing
|9 in center to center
|Nominal Galvanized Steel Thickness
|Nominal Color Coated Steel Thickness
|Moment of Inertia
0.00901 in. 4 ft width, negative bending
|Section of Modulus
0.01680 in. 3 ft width, negative bending
0.01762 in. 3 ft width, positive bending
|Minimum Yield Point
|Minimum Tensile Strength
|Multiple options available
|The colors are intended only as an approximation of the actual colors. Color chips are available upon request.
|We choose Valspar Weather X siliconized polyester paint for our panels as it is recognized in the industry for its remarkable color and gloss retention as well as its superior chalk resistance. All Weather X painted HW Brand roofing and siding panels are covered by our forty-year paint warranty.